Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Taco Soup

We brought this soup for dinner on our campout, we LOVE it camping but also at home. It is one of those meals that our entire family LOVES. My wonderful friend Noel made it for us on a trip we went on together. Since, we have thrown out our Taco Soup recipe and converted solely to hers. It is THE.BEST.

Noel’s Taco Soup

1 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, diced
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
8 oz. tomato sauce
4 oz. chopped green chilies
1 can corn
1 can small red beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
½ bunch cilantro, chopped
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 lb. shredded chicken

In a skillet, sauté the onions and garlic.

In a large pot combine the rest of the ingredients. Add the onions and garlic once sautéed. Heat thoroughly.

Serve topped with Fritos, sour cream and shredded cheese.

6 comments:

Marylin Kelley said...

Can't wait to try this!! :)

Kristin Chesnik said...

Ummmm! Thanks for sharing!

Deanna said...

Yum!!!! this sounds so good I can't wait to try it. Today is the perfect day for chilli here in Utah.

The Pfau's said...

Sounds really good! Matt LOVES taco soup we will for sure try this.

Taylor Family said...

Yummy! I can't wait to try it!

Noel said...

You've built it up too much! I am glad you liked it, and that you said I was your good friend. I thought we had a fight I didn't know about its been so long since I've talked to you! I miss LAS VEGAS. I need a good friend around here. Let's plan a trip!