Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pretzel Houses



I am not sure where I got the name for these yummy little treats as I have heard them called many other names, but for The Mohler Household we refer to them as "Pretzel Houses". These little yummies are ones we made during the Valentine's but you can change them up to fit the current holiday. They are a fun treat that the kids can do (except for the oven part). All you do is place a Hershey Hug on top of a square pretzel. You can also use Rolos (Jason's favorite rendition) with or without a Pecan, or whatever you are feelin. You put them in the oven at 100 degrees or whatever the lowest temperature your oven has, and let them sit for about 5 minutes until the chocolate is soft and starting to melt a bit. Right when they come out of the oven you drop 2 M&Ms on them and let them set. I like to put them in the fridge so that they set up a bit faster. Then store them in a ziplock. Also they are REALLY cute in a cellophane bag tied with a bow to give away.

4 comments:

The Pfau's said...

Those are so cute and they look really yummy! The fact that they only take 6 minutes to bake makes them even better. Thanks for sharing I am definatley going to try them.

Taylor Family said...

Super cute idea! I have yet to make the mudd puddles. Jake will LOVE them. I posted the recipe for my cupcakes.

Marylin said...

What a fun treat! I can't wait to try them cause that is one of my favorite things, chocolate covered pretzels!! YUM! Thanks for the idea! :)

Jason & Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.