This was a first for us. We have been waiting until our littler ones could do this hike on their own. It is a pretty steep trail up to the “Y”. But we did it. The weather was a little warm at first but just as we were starting to second-guess ourselves an enormous rain cloud moved our direction covering the direct sun. It was so much better after that. I was very proud of our little kids for sticking it out and not giving up. Jaden who is the most physically fit in our family jogged most of the way up leaving us in the dust. He waited on the “Y” for us timing how much quicker he had gotten there. Once we had all made it to the top we sat and looked out over the city, pointing out different landmarks that were familiar to us. And that enormous rain cloud broke and it rained and rained. It felt sooo good. I love the warm summer rain. We were all so hot and that rain felt so good. All in all it was a good day.
An Update on Our Clan
10 years ago


3 comments:
So cool! I haven't even hiked the Y yet! Oops, you're supposed to do that your freshman year, but I'll get around to it eventually! :)
I love that Jaden timed you guys to see how far behind you were. LOL! I could totally have predicted THAT! :)
I love seeing your family and all that you are up to. You guys are at such a fun stage in your life and are so young and fun that you can really tell you are enjoying each other. Although I love my babies this makes me feel like having all older children will be great too! Love ya!
Post a Comment