Friday, April 11, 2008

Conference Tradition


(Sorry for the crappy Pictures, they are taken with my phone camera.)

On Conference Sundays we have a tradition of making Cinnamon Rolls. I have a couple Cinnamon Roll recipes that I Love and so I alternate the ones I use. For this time I chose this recipe because it makes the most. About 2 dozen. That way we would have some to share. So here it is:
Cinnamon Rolls

Put 9 cups of flour into Bosch, and set aside.

Put 3 cups of milk in a saucepan and cook on MEDIUM heat until really hot, but NOT boiling.

When milk is hot, turn off heat and stir in ½ cup sugar, 4 teaspoons salt, and 1 cube of butter. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool.

While the milk is cooling mix 1-cup warm water (not HOT, just slightly warm to the touch) with 1 teaspoon sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved then add 3 packages Fleischmann’s yeast. Set timer and let set for 10 minutes.

After the 10 minutes the milk will also be cooled enough. Pour the milk mixture and the yeast mixture into the flour. Mix until the dough pulls away from the bowl.

Grease a large bowl and put the dough in it. Cover with a Warm Damp towel. Let rise for 45 minutes.

After that, knead the dough for 1 minute then separate into 2 parts. Roll each part out into a rectangular shape. Spread butter evenly over dough then sprinkle with the Filling.

Filling

1 Cup packed brown sugar
2 T. cinnamon

Roll up starting with the longer side of the rectangle. Cut into 1 1/2 inch slices with dental floss. Place on greased cookie sheet. Cover them again with a Warm Damp towel and let raise for 1 hour.

Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, then lightly cover with foil and bake about another 5-10 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Frost while still warm.

Icing

6 T. margarine, softened
1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 oz. cream cheese or ¼ cup
½ tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt

2 comments:

Erin said...

OHHHHHH, so yummy!!! Those pictures make me want some of those! I had actually been thinking I would make cinnamon rolls this weekend and these pictures have just made that a definite FOR SURE. Thanks for making my mouth water!

Marylin said...

And I am sure they are diet too right?! :) They look awesome, can' wait to try them!!