Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday Troy & Cloey



3 ALREADY...... Where has time gone? What a ride it has been. One of the most vivid memories that I have is the moment that I found out that I was not only pregnant with a surprise pregnancy but that I was having twins. Not 1 baby but 2 babies at the same time. My first thought was "I already have a baby" this would mean that when the twins were born I would now have 3 babies, since Macy (the baby I already had) would still be 1. Though other mothers of twins tried to prepare me, I don't think that you could ever be totally prepared for something like this. Now that our twins have turned 3 I have heard that it is uphill from here, and I have already noticed a HUGE difference in them and me for the past couple months. Although I am very sad not to have a little baby or babies around anymore I would have to say that there are a few things that I will not miss about having twin babies .....

* Changing anywhere from 10-15 diapers each day

* The scheduled 4-8-12 o'clock feeding times that would last 45 minutes to 1 hour. That would included breast feeding a baby for about 15 to 20 minutes (only once did I feed them at the same time because that was the only time that I got alone with that baby), burping, and then changing the babies diaper. REPEAT

* Going to the doctors 3 to 4 times each week for the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy. That was 3 visits to the Paranaytologist (don't know how to spell that one) for monitoring and ultra sounds to check fluid levels. And 4-real the doctors would bill for 2 visits and 2 ultra sounds (I did love the 3D ultra sounds). Even the hospital billed for 2. And 1 visit to my regular doctor Dr. Swainston who only billed for 1 visit and 1 delivery.

* The kind of physical and mental exhaustion that I did not know existed. Both during the pregnancy and after. Night after night of zero sleep because either I was so freak en uncomfortable and thought that my if my lungs any more smashed I was seriously going to pass out, or because right when one baby would fall asleep the other would wake up. And back and forth they would go taking turns being awake while the other slept.

* The hunger that I experienced. In the beginning through the middle of being pregnant I was starving. I would eat a big meal and literally 20 or 30 minutes later feel like I hadn't eaten in days. My hands would shake because I was so hungry yet I had just eaten. I can not believe that I didn't gain like 100 pounds. In the very beginning when I was eating like this I LOST 15 pounds in 2 months, to bad that doesn't happen now. But it was all normal stuff the Dr. would say.

* The looks that I would get from the other moms at Walmart when I would not just take a few jars of the baby food that they also wanted, but the whole case. I went once each month to stock up and I would get 1 box each of peas, green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas, apples, pears & peaches. I also got 4 boxes of baby oatmeal and once they were bottle fed 8 large cans of formula. Then I would hit Sams for diapers and wipes. Definitely don't miss that bill!

With that said, Happy 3rd Birthday to my little sweeties.


Then & Now


5 comments:

The Pfau's said...

I can't believe it has been three years either! I remember that phone call! They are so adorable then and now!!! We had such a good time with you at Disneyland!! We need to get together again soon! I miss our hair parties!!! Crazy Fun!! Give them a BIG SQUEEZE for me!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday guys! I miss those two. Are they really 3!?! They were the sweetest babies (next to our dream Macy--I am sure Jaden was cute too, we just didn't get to admire him from across the room :P)

Miss you! Love the background shot of your kitchen.. still waiting for pics.

barlows said...

Holy smokes! I am so freaked that will be me when I go to the doctor. You would SERIOUSLY have to talk me down. You're a good momma to make it through all that.

julie said...

Hey Tiffany. I can't believe 3 years have gone by. My little Adisynn turned 3 on the 10th of Septemeber and Berlynn's in college. Go figure, I put one in college and one in pre-school. I enjoy reading your blogs and your kids are darling.

Robyn said...

they are so cute! Time really has flown by. I love that they each got there own cake. How fun!